All visits must be pre booked with a member of academy staff and contact details including a telephone number. Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes early for your appointment. All visits will be booked from 9.30am, once the last class of pupils has arrived in the academy.
Please do not come in to the academy if you or any of your immediate family are feeling unwell and are showing any of the COVID- 19 symptoms:
- a new, continuous cough,
- a high temperature or
- a loss or change to their sense of smell or taste.
When you come into our academy please follow these instructions to keep both you and our children safe:
- Use hand sanitiser provided in the front area.
- Sign in with the office staff - Mrs Ashbolt, Mrs Clement or Mrs Jones. You will be given a VISITOR lanyard which is sanitised before and after use.
- Limit the number of personal belongings you bring with you.
- Bring no accompanying students or visitors unless previously agreed with the academy and/or child’s parents.
- You must maintain social distancing whilst in the waiting area.
- When using the toilet please ensure that you leave the facilities as you would expect to find them using the anti-bacterial wipes and wash your hands thoroughly.
- If you are seeing a series of children on your visit, please ensure that there is time to clean the desks/chairs between children.
- Please maintain (if possible) a 1m distance between you and the child you are working with.
- A member of the academy staff will collect the child that you are visiting or if you have to collect a child from their class, please go straight to the child’s classroom and stand in the doorway. The child will be sent out to you by the class teacher/TA.
- Any necessary classroom observations will be conducted following social distance guidelines or from the classroom doorway.
- Please ensure adequate ventilation in the room when you are working with children. Windows and doors should be open as much as possible whilst still maintaining confidentiality.
Upon leaving the academy, please let a member of the office staff know, then sign out and sanitise your hands.
You must let us know if you are contacted by NHS Track and Trace or if you develop symptoms of COVID-19 or test positive in the next 10 days.